Friday, September 11, 2009

My Rambling Thoughts Of Coach H.


I'm about to take a trip back in time. No I didn't build a time machine that works. And you are
invited to come along, all you have to do is stay with me by reading my following ramblings.


It's 1956 I'm back in Valsetz, walking with my best friend JR ( all names are fictious) down a gravel road, we have gotten out of school, been to my house and now are heading to JR's house in Western with plans to return to the school for Basketball practice as we did every day.

With time to spare before Basketball practice, we made a stop at the mill dump to find just the right piece of wood to mount JR's model boat motor on to. Looking through wood scraps, I must tell you this dump was used for all refuse, including home garbage.

As we were looking for the desired piece of wood we both watched our Grade School Basketball coach get out of his car, look at us, then get back in his car and drive off.

After we finished the motor project and tested it we headed back for Basketball practice.

The following event would have been funny if it was not so hurtful to JR & Myself.

JR and I were the tallest members of the team, as 8Th graders both JR and I was tall for our ages. Most of the team members were around 5 foot JR and I was about 5'9".

When we arrived at the gym for practice the coach seen us as we entered the gym, we both felt he was waiting for us to arrive.We were right, the coach begin telling us all about how unsanitary the dump was and telling us he would not have people that scrounge in the dump playing on his teams.

This coach did not quit with just the lecture. He said "your banned from playing any sports the rest of the school year." We thought it was unfair but never challenged him. Before we left the gym we watched our replacements (both under 4 foot) trying to get the basketball up to the rim.

JR and I left the gym full of laughter but very sad on the inside. later on we had the comfort of watching the coach loose ever game of the season, and the entertainment watching our replacements trying to play Basketball.

Some time later in the school year I had the pleasure to see the old Basketball coach,( who also taught school ) humiliate him-self by busting into the Boy's Room, and grabbed the shoulder's of a youngster standing at the urinal. The coach then spun him around and begin shaking him. That was the old coaches big mistake. Now everyone in the boys room saw the fountain flowing from the youngster, everone then started to laugh at the coach standing there in his wet shoes, and pants legs.

Talk about karma

No comments: