Thursday, August 20, 2009

FROM TRUST TO DISGUST IN 57 YEARS

VALSETZ 1984


VALSETZ 2009


VISIT MY WEB SITE FOR HISTORY AND PICTURES
As a small boy back in 1952 (bringing with me, my father,mother and younger brother ) moved to this small community of Valsetz located in a Valley of The Oregon coast range. This little town was entirely owned by a Lumber Mill. I'm talking General Store, Bowling Alley (wait until I tell you about the Bowing Alley ) Pool Hall, Theater, Schools, Church, and Employee's Homes

Today you will not find (at times this community supported as many as 1,200 people and more ) any community that believed in trust as they did

This trust I was raised with and believed in, may have bit me in the butt

I will explain further in coming paragraphs

As I tell you about this trusting community. ( try remember about your community back in your child and teen years then compare it to my community) During my years in this community I don't remember having locks on doors, let along my friends and I having keys to unlock doors to our homes.I do remember vacations, being them weekends or weeks. I also remember the big union strike this community endured for a few months.

Not one home was locked at any time, not a thing was removed from any one's house, even during the months family's were out of town picking crops to survive the strike .

These are the words from an old Valsetzer,( I'm now paraphrasing ) "NO one had locked doors,
you may come back home and find your booze missing, taken by the the neighbors. But the neighbors that took the booze brought you a replacement ." "There may be times you come home you find someone has been inside your house, and left fresh venison or Elk, ( for the ones not from Valsetz or a hunter, Venison is deer meat) in your freezer."

I remember of not one home invasion during my years in Valsetz, do you?

If you made a promise or was promised something, is was an automatic done deal!

As I remember all merchants in Oregon was trusted, I remember Valsetzers spent a lot of time and money in Lincoln City and still do.( I will connect the dots about my butt in my opening statements and Lincoln City a little further in the story)

Giving trust and believing in the News Media ,Government, & Politicians was at a very high rate

ABOVE WAS THE TRUST NOW FOR THE DISGUST


In my experience after leaving Valsetz in 1959, I have found, what to me has become a slow progressive distrust of anyone and ever thing. Today ever thing is locked or protected by (Even your body ) locks, services and your own pepper spray,stun guns,and fire arms

  1. Have you noticed the tearing down of Religion and what there calling political correctness?
  2. How low today's trust in state or federal government and all employees.

politicians are at its lowest trust in history & dropping fast

It is become as of late harder to find truth in newspaper and TV ads

Most Americans are becoming more disbelieving of daily news from major TV net works, cable stations & newspapers

This brings me to The Web sites on the Internet, (Please stay with me) I'm about to tie this all together,connect the dots & etc., "trust me" ( how many times have you heard these two words said and then abused) We are told you must be very very careful with who you deal with and what you do on the Internet. I of all people know this, after 10 years of Internet use, I forgot it

Now comes The meat of it, the big Finish,the climax (any way I will get on with it)

The Bite me in butt statement I referred to & connecting it to Lincoln City is due to the Time spent in Valsetz. This is not an excuse for my forgetting to be very careful of who you deal with on the Internet, but of how one's mind can revert back to way you was raised to make a decision because of things you trusted

As most of you know, if you read my other blogs, I just spent a week or so on the Oregon Coast before attending the 2009 Valsetz Reunion (you beginning to connect the dots?)

Since I returned home to Reno, NV I've been looking for the right Web Sites Host that might help with the finance support of the Valsetz Community Web Site

I chose this ESB Host to use & buy Domain Names from, with out checking it out completely.

I have never made a purchase in last 10 years over the Internet in this reckless manor.

I'm not a Head Shrink , but after replaying past events in my mind & asking myself why I did do such a stupid thing. I came to the following conclusions



I had just spent a day with people that was raised in the same elements as I, and believing in same trust as mine.



Along with my time spent visiting the same places along the Oregon Coast I had trusted for many years

I believe the trigger to my down fall was, this Vendors location was listed as in Lincoln City, Oregon

Did I connect the dots?

Who, What, How, & Why has the United States Americans turned the Trust of Americans into so many Disgusted Americans?


I now will turn your attention to (in my opinion)the Vendor who abused my trust and may have fleeced me of my time & cash ( I have not positive proof yet

Below are my reasons to believes I had been riped off by ESB Host.com

#1 No confirmation of purchase sent to me with any information of my purchase, tried to sign into my account on ESB Hoist.com, told they had no account record of e-mail address I was using

#2 Got billing from a company, (Thru Pay Pal) I had never heard of


#3 Only after contact with Pay Pal did I receive information ( Phone number & E-mail address)


#4 No return calls from ESB host after two days of Phone Calls left on their answer machine


#5 Emails I sent were answered evening of third day


In order to be fair to EsB Host, I will not print any Information I have received until investigation on ESB Host is completed

If it is found I was riped off their butts are mine, not for a small sum of $26.oo
but I will want ESB where they don't take any one else


Please post all your comments good or bad, on today's content!


I found this link I believe everyone of all ages will benefit from reading

http://www.seniormag.com/legal/internet-scams.htm

2 comments:

DreamscapeEagle said...

I enjoy reading about Valsetz as I grew up there. My folks moved there in about 1948 and we moved out in 1960.

I used to go down to the bowling alley and watch the manual pin setter, see rows of loggers spiked boots outside the restaurant, walking there on a wooden sidewalk past Blackwell Field. Going to the church on the hill and walking to school.

I'm angry my home town is no longer there, burned and destroyed forever.

Good Job Jerry!

Paul Lawry

Jesse Newell said...

Howdy! First off, let me say that i am happy to come across your site about Valsetz. I live here in Oregon and am always looking for interesting local history. Valsetz seems to fit the bill. As far as your web-hosting experience, let me know if that works out, i may be able to find you some free hosting. As far as not getting a login to the site or a confirmation email, that could be just an indication of their operation. Might not mean they are ripping you off but more likely they are a shell company of a larger parent that list's an office in Lincoln City to lure local bussiness.

Anyway as far as Valsetz is concerned, i just want to walk around! I want to meet those friendly town folk, i just want to stay for a bit. I am very sad that it is not what once was.

Did you ever have visitors or salesman in Valsetz?

How much did it cost to bowl at the alley?

How big and deep was the lake?

How many dogs and cats lived in town?

Ever see any bears?
I would love to pick your brain.
so many questions, so little time.

Jesse